Thursday, December 27, 2007

Indianapolis: 2006 Final Four

I can't believe I forgot this other roadtrip of 2006. I'm pissed at myself for getting this out of chronological order, but on a boring Monday in early April, my roommate and I decided to hop in the car and just GO to the national championship game. It was a brilliant idea, with UCLA and Florida playing each other in Indianapolis on a workday, meaning extremely cheap tickets to be scalped. We got in for less than half of face value.

Talk about living life for the Tetris. A boring Monday turned into a trip to college basketball's most grandiose stage.

Starting lineups. I would later grow to loathe the existance of Joakim Noah, but I hadn't yet realized it at this point.

Classic March Madness shot. The opening tip...

So THAT's how they set up the RCA Dome for basketball.

National championship of college basketball... pretty awesome.

Florida wins 73-57 over UCLA, the start of a "dynasty," at least by college basketball's standards for the last 40 years.

No comments: